WHO'S THAT GIRL?

Sunday, February 08, 2015


Photos by Steve Sato.
Hello loves.

Am feeling very excited today, especially as I type this post. 
But maybe it's because I've been slowly adopting some routines in my life and I'm amazed at how disciplined I am.

This post has been long overdue. For those of you who might have seen me in the Nairobian last week, this is the outfit I had. Gotta say, a statement neck piece does work wonders especially when it has some meaning to it. 

In this case I had a Maasai beaded neck piece and matching earrings...both are Janets'. I had slept over at her place  and realized that I had no neck piece that went with this outfit at all. Then I saw this one  hanging on her wall [it's more like a souvenir to her from Amboseli..hope she'l wear it more often], and it just clicked in my mind.

Was a little confused at what to name this post, cause many people mistook me for a Maasai or a Turkana on that day. So I settled with Who's that girl?.

Well, this girl is a young Kenyan who loves fashion, and style. She'l go to any lengths to make her outfits standout even in the most subtle manner.

Enjoy this post loves, and remember to follow all your dreams everyone....at least that's what am telling myself....having that camera with me all day was a  much needed wake up call, reminded me of all the things I want, and how much I need to get my act together to achieve them.




This is my go to lip color...not sure whether to call it Burgundy. I just know that its the color I always fell confident in no matter the occasion...but until I try black [can't wait till I lay my hands on one], let me just say its my favorite lip color so far. 
As of right now I am sure that bright lip colors are not meant for my skin tone, but once in a while I can't resist them.



You can never go wrong with a blazer..whatever the occasion. 


That's all for today beautiful people. Be sure to look out for the next post soon.

Accessories - Janet
Camera - Georgie
Blazer - Thrifted. Also worn here.here.
Leggings - Also worn here, here, and here.
Shoes - Thrifted.

Have a blessed week ahead. Make it count with the countdown to Valentines.

As always, thanks for stopping by. Remember to share and tell a friend.

XO

Linet.

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. How lovely,follow your heart sweet heart,let nothing come btwn you n your dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. I must say that lip colour is doing justice to you. It just brightens up your face :)

    http://kareysdiary.com/2015/01/back-basics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ua passion in fashio..this is awesome dr....

      Delete
    2. @Karen. Ikr....don't know what I would do without it.

      Delete
    3. @Glory....thanks swiry, glad to finally see you in the comment section.

      Delete
  3. You are a great inspiration. I love the pop of color from your blouse and shoes in your outfit :-)

    http://juanamaua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't looked at it from that perspective...was too busy obsessing with the neck piece.

      Thanks love.

      Delete
  4. Such a GREAT look! I love it, as always!! You are just beautiful!
    Also, thanks much for stopping by! I appreciated your comment very much! You’re the best!
    Much love, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime dear, cause you such an inspiration......thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. You always need to follow your dreams .........that's what I am doing too...do what you love and try so hard to get a step closer each day looking lovely
    http://becauseitsvida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you gal...all the best with yours.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Such a colorful business outfit!

    ♡Natalie
    Trending In Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is adorable on you! Love the color of your blouse. So chic. xx

    Audrey | http://www.keygypsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!
      Thanks Audrey. Can't help but be in colors of late.

      Delete
  8. Your accessories are beautiful. Love those earrings and necklace. Great pink shoes too.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess.
      Always a pleasure having you here.

      Delete
  9. lovely look it was dia ...your dreams are valid and can be achieved just go for what you want....i always say you want something go for it

    ReplyDelete