ALL PURPOSE LBD

Monday, January 12, 2015

Photos by Mercy Kihara
Hello muffins,
Today it's all about this little black number that I've had for so long. 

I like to call it 'The' all-purpose LBD because it is the one dress that will never fail me and works every time.

When most people talk about the LBD, I often think of partying and outdoors events, nothing serious. 


So today I decided to glam it up little bit, subtle enough for an office look and yet edgy to chase out any Monday blues.

I've recently found myself playing dress-up a little more on Mondays than any other day of the week, just to set a good pace for the rest of my week....I suggest you do the same, it could do a whole lot of difference.


Just because Monday often means getting back to business, doesn't mean you have to put up with all the laziness and blues that come with it.


I particularly like this dress for the little slit on the thigh which makes it a little bit more edgy and sexy...strike a balance between edgy and serious and it will get you through any situation. 

The dress is also made of suede, which is a fabric I don't come across often...bonus for me!!


I accessorized with a pearl necklace and earrings. Also added little hints of gold and brown with the shoes, belt and bag, just to give brighten up the dress.

Dress-Gikomba
Shoes - also worn here.
Pearl Necklace - DIY
Belt- Gikomba
Bag - Thrifted

Have a lovely week ahead loves, till the next post.

As always, thanks for stopping by.

XO

Linet.


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. You're absolutely stunning! I love everything about this look!!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look .......amazing keep it up
    http://becauseitsvida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The material is certainly a bonus :-)
    You look amaze balls xx http://thereelrhee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow looks great!! x

    www.thestylishcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, love your dress and these shoes <3
    You look amazing! xoxo Lara

    http://www.pepperandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute LBD! Love how you accessorised with those gold heels! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Izzy.
      These heels are my go to shoes when i need simple styling. Love them.

      Delete
  7. Every girl needs a LBD. Great outfit and I love those heels!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess.
      Well stated..the LBD, always a staple.

      Delete